On October 1st 2013, Youtube announced their first edition of YouTube Music Awards, who will be held in New York City on November 3. Some of the artists who will perform live at the first-ever YouTube Music Awards are: Lady Gaga, Eminem, Arcade Fire, Avicii, M.I.A., Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator, and more.
To vote your favorite artists, search for YTMA on YouTube and share the official nomination videos on Google+, Facebook or Twitter.
YouTube Music Award 2013 co-host Reggie Watts explains exactly how to vote in video below:
The 6 nomination categories and nominees for YouTube Music Award 2013 are:
1. Video of the Year: Honoring the world’s most loved music videos, these nominees represent the videos with the most fan engagement on YouTube over the last year.
Demi Lovato – Heart Attack
Epic Rap Battles of History – Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney
Girls’ Generation – I Got A Boy
Justin Bieber (feat. Nicki Minaj) – Beauty And A Beat
Lady Gaga – Applause
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Mary Lambert) – Same Love
Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop
One Direction – Best Song Ever
PSY – Gentleman
Selena Gomez – Come & Get It
2. Artist of the Year: Honoring the acts YouTube fans have made stars, nominees represent the most watched, shared, liked, and subscribed-to artists on YouTube.
Epic Rap Battles of History
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
3. Response of the Year: Honoring the best fan remix, parody or response video, these nominees represent the top “unofficial” fan videos on YouTube based on your views, shares and other activity.
Boyce Avenue (feat. Fifth Harmony) – Mirrors
Jayesslee – Gangnam Style
Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix – Radioactive
ThePianoGuys – Titanium / Pavane
Walk Off the Earth (feat. KRNFX) – I Knew You Were Trouble
4. YouTube Phenomenon: Recognizing the YouTube trends the world could not escape from, nominees are based on the phenomena that generated the most fan videos.
I Knew You Were Trouble
5. YouTube Breakthrough: Honoring the music world’s breakout new acts, nominees represent the artists who experienced the biggest growth in views and subscribers.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
6. Innovation of the Year: Starting with videos selected by an international panel of musicians, YouTubers and creative luminaries, we then selected the creative video innovations that resonated most with fans on YouTube, based on views, likes, shares and comments.
Anamanaguchi – ENDLESS FANTASY
Atoms For Peace – Ingenue
Bat For Lashes – Lilies
DeStorm – See Me Standing
Toro Y Moi “Say That”
Give us a reply with your votes in the comment box below this article.
See also: 5 Important Tips For Budding YouTubers