You have limited budget and you are looking to get a good SEO tool for the year. Sounds familiar?
Yes, I’ve been there myself over a dozen times now. There are just too many SEO tools out there to choose from. Now, tell me if you can debunk this!
SEO tools work more than just giving you quality keywords to rank on Google. They should be providing reports, analytics and even more features to make it super awesome, right?
Sadly, that’s not the case for many SEO tools out there. Some may be overly priced while others have limited features. Well, no worries. In this article, you’ll find the top 10 SEO tools you should be using in 2015 (and beyond).
Top 10 SEO Tools You Should Be Using In 2015
1. Scribe Content
Among all the SEO tools I have used, this is probably my favorite of all. Created from ground up by the team behind CopyBlogger Media, you know you are in good hands.
Here are some godly features of Scribe Content:
- Advanced keyword research features
- Chance of ranking the specific keyword
- Providing recommendations to optimize a blog post
- Outreach ability to connect with other related blogs
- Ability to analyze the whole website instead of specific blog post only (probably the only SEO tool which provide such feature)
- Integrates with major SEO plugins perfectly
- Able to use the plugin on unlimited domains
And to be on the fair side, here’s a list of disadvantages using Scribe Content:
- It costs $97 per month (signup for a longer period and get a hefty discount)
- Quota for keyword research and website evaluation
2. Squirrly SEO
I often consider this as an excellent alternative to Scribe Content. Squirrly SEO offers both free and paid features. Squirrly SEO is used by several SEO influencers I personally know because it is extremely easy to use and manage.
Advantages using Squirrly SEO:
- Unlimited content optimizations
- Tools to monitor your website ranking
- Additional features such as notifications on 404 errors
- Headline suggestions (super powerful)
- Ability to use images which are not copyrighted
- Ability to add tweets, wiki and blog articles
- Analytics that provide details such as social signals and traffic health
Disadvantages using Squirrly SEO:
- Costs $19.99 per month (up to 7 websites usage per account)
- Limited keyword research quota per month
Personally, I felt Squirrly SEO is a slightly light-weight SEO tool compared to the majority which I had used. Nothing bad but I’m just sharing my experience.
3. Google Analytics
Before you start throwing ‘virtual’ flying projectiles at me, allow me to explain on my decision.
If it was before 2015, I wouldn’t even considered Google Analytics as an SEO tool. However, I have seen drastic changes in the previous months which made it one of the biggest competitors in the SEO industry.
And without much delay, here are some features which attracted me to Google Analytics:
- The ability to understand the journey of your reader (buying or reading persona)
- Data provided from Google Analytics is highly accurate and used by as guidelines by most of the SEO tools
- Free (we can’t complain on this, right?)
- Limited features
- Slight learning curve to completely understand the data
- Advanced reporting is possible but would require additional codes (which some users find it challenging to install)
4. SEO Powersuite
If you are looking a Swiss-army knife, SEO Powersuite is your only choice. Consists of four powerful tools, this is probably your best value-for-money SEO tool you should be using.
SEO Powersuite consists of:
- Rank Tracker
- SEO Spyglass
- Website Auditor
Advantages using SEO Powersuite:
- All-in-one SEO tool
- Data are pretty accurate
- Software is constantly updated
- Multiple search engine rankings are included
Disadvantages using SEO Powersuite:
- Subscription needed for new algorithm updates
- All the tools work separately and may be cause some hassle
5. Majestic SEO
If you are looking for a tool to spy on your competitor, you are going to love Majestic SEO. All you need to do is to key in your competitor’s website URL, hit run and sit down to relax.
And yes, it’s that simple.
Advantages using Majestic SEO:
- Affordable price to understand competitor’s SEO strategy
- Reports are exportable if you are working for an agency (to send to your clients)
Disadvantages using Majestic SEO:
- It takes a little learning curve to understand the reports
An excellent SEO tool and alternative to Majestic SEO. This tool is excellent to understand your backlink distribution (or your competitor’s).
Advantages using Ahrefs:
- Easy to use
- Intuitive user interface
- Highly accurate data and results
Disadvantages using Ahrefs:
- Monthly subscriptions and costs slightly more than most competitors
This is definitely not your common SEO tool. SEMrush is an SEO tool cum an advertising tool. It is able to track on advertising opportunities, domain vs domain ranking and product lists ads (to name a few).
- More than just a standard SEO tool (example backlink research)
- Ability to search for keyword difficulty which is excellent for beginners
- Position tracking is great for reporting and analyzing
- Prices start at $65.95 per month
- Often used as a reporting tool more than analysis tool
8. Raven Tools
If you are looking for an enterprise SEO tool, Raven may just be the right one for you.
If SEO Powersuite is a Swiss-army knife for budget conscious users, Raven Tool is a Swiss-army knife for entreprise level.
Advantages using Raven Tools:
- A complete set of tools to manage online marketing
- Tools consist of SEO, social media, content marketing and PPC
- Tools are developed specifically for enterprise level
- Pricing factor is hefty for startups
9. Long Tail Pro
LTP in short, this is my favorite keyword research tool. It works like charm especially when you are trying to find for a keyword to rank fast on Google.
Advantages using Long Tail Pro:
- Light weight
- Search up to 10 different keywords at one time (multitasking ability)
- Ability to search for number of links, Moz score and domain availability
Disadvantage using Long Tail Pro:
- It is known to be less effective especially when you are using an older version computer (performance issue)
10. Market Samurai
A great alternative to Long Tail Pro but costs a little bit more. In terms of features, Market Samurai has more options compared to Long Tail Pro.
Advantages using Market Samurai:
- The right settings will lead to high quality keywords
- Multiple features to customize your keyword research
Disadvantages using Market Samurai:
- Steep learning curve
- Watching the video tutorials are the fastest way to learn the program
Over to you
Do you have any favorite SEO tool? Leave a comment below and let’s discuss further!
See also: 30 Best Social Media Management Tools