Samsung is one of the most valuable brand in the world. It ranked on the 7 position both in 2014 and 2015 with a valuation around $45 Billion.
Samsung is known especially for its electronic products (TV, smartphones etc) made by their Samsung Electronics division.
But, did you know that Samsung is a giant company that has more employees than Apple, Google and Microsoft… all combined?
Did you know that the world’s tallest skyscraper: Burj Khalifa (828 metres), was built by Samsung?
Here’s a list of the main milestones in Samsung’s history:
– Samsung was founded 78 years ago (1938) by Lee Byung-chul and they sold groceries and noodles at that time.
– they built their first ever cell phone in 1985
– $305 Billion revenue in 2014
– Samsung’s revenue was equal to 17% of South Korea’s GDP ($1,082 billion)
– 489,000 employees in 2014 (more than Apple, Google and Microsoft combined)
– 325 million smartphones were shipped in 2015 by Samsung (231,5 million by Apple and 106,6 million by Huawei) – CPU chips for Apple’s iPhone 4, 4S, 5 & 5S is manufactured solely by Samsung… that’s over 600 million chips!
– Samsung had 95,8% global AMOLED display market share in 2015
– Samsung is made up to 80 different businesses including: Samsung Heavy Industries, Samsung Techwin, Samsung Construction and Trading etc
– Samsung donates $100 million to its non-profit medical center every year (it has 1,200 doctors & 2,300 nurses)
If you want to know more stunning and unknown things about Samsung, check out “How Big Is Samsung” infographic below, made by TufiTech.