If you’re struggling to attract organic visitors to your website, you aren’t alone. Improving SEO is notoriously difficult, but it’s also one of the most important ways to attract potentially valuable prospects.
Here are seven things you can do right away to boost your website’s organic traffic.
7 Simple Ways to Boost Your Website’s Organic Traffic
1. Use Link Building
Link building is one of the most effective ways to improve your organic traffic. Simply put, link building is having other reputable websites to include links directly to your own. This has an enormous impact on your SEO rank and also encourages visitors from that site to take a look at your own.
You can encourage link building by writing guest blog posts or simply asking Influencers to take a look at your website, link to it, and write a review.
The key is to write great content that solves your target audience’s problem.
Here are some simple steps you can take to get Influencers to link to you:
- Research keywords using Google keyword planner to high volume keywords
- Input your target keyword into BuzzSumo to analyze the type of content that performs well.
- Review each topic and create a list of Influencers that share that topic.
- Research and write a bigger, better piece of content.
- Use Twitter to reach out to your list of Influencers and let them know that you’ve created a piece of content that their audience would love to read.
2. Stay Active on Social Media
With the way organic online marketing is growing, you as a marketer need to learn how to infuse social media and content marketing to achieve relevance for your audience.
Here are some tips:
- Start a Facebook group to interact with users and answer their questions.
- Post your content on Facebook and Twitter.
- Encourage users to share your content with their audience with contests and other incentives.
- You should even share relevant content on Reddit.
The more work you do to distribute and share your content with your audience, the more work they’ll do to share it with other people.
Here’s how you increase organic traffic:
- Google uses Twitter to discover new content
- Social share is the new link building which boosts your Google ranking
- You boost authority with Influencers on social media
3. Use Text Messaging to Send Content
Driving traffic to your blog or another website content is an important way to grab more organic leads. In order to do that, you must make sure you’re sending people to your content effectively. Currently, there’s no better way to do so than by using text messaging service. With an incredible open rate of over 95%, you can rest assured your audience is receiving your message and has the chance to take a look at your content, share it with their social communities, and boosting its search engine rank.
How do you execute this strategy?
It’s easy if you are already promoting your newsletter on your website. During the sign-up process, you can give your subscribers the opportunity to include their mobile phone number along with their email address.
After you publish that next great piece of content, you do the following:
- You send out an email newsletter to promote the content as you normally do.
- For those who haven’t clicked on the link to view your content after 24 hours, you send them another text message to remind them of the content.
4. Encourage User Reviews
If you want to improve your local SEO, user reviews should be a key focus. Not only can it help with link building, but Google actually includes reviews with their results. Reviews also factor greatly into Google Maps results. Finally, a high number of reviews encourages organic traffic simply by improving your appearance. The more reviews you have, the more legitimate you are in a prospect’s eyes.
5. Make Sure Your 404 Works
It’s important to make sure that whenever somebody visits a URL on your website that isn’t working, it redirects them to a related page. This tells search engines not to bother reading the page since it doesn’t exist, allowing them to crawl and index your pages with real content.
Failing to do so ends up hurting your SEO rank greatly, as search engines waste time looking at broken pages instead of the content you want appearing in searches.
You can take these steps to eliminate 404 errors:
- Login to your Google webmaster tools
- Click on crawl errors
- Click on the ‘Not Found’ tab and you’ll see a list of all the 404 pages
- From there you can do a 301 redirect to a related page
6. Reach Out With a Friendly Voice Message
Getting your existing audience to visit frequently improves SEO and gives you a better chance of earning organic traffic. Voice broadcasting is an interesting way to do just that. Simply record a message and you’ll be able to send it out to your audience immediately or at a specific date. It’s a personal, unique way to encourage targeted traffic.
7. Improve Your Landing Pages
Two important factors in SEO rank are bounce rate and session duration. Engines like Google want to make sure they’re sending people to valuable pages, so if you have a high bounce rate or a low session duration, you’re going to rank low. Place plenty of valuable content on your landing pages, and let people know exactly what to expect. You’ll increase the page’s value and boost your SEO.
Have you been able to drive organic traffic using any of your own tricks? Do you have any questions about the information above? Make sure to let us know with a comment below!
See also: 10 Ways To Drive More Traffic To Your Website